What is the purpose of the program?
Conflict can be a major obstacle to getting things done. Turf wars, organizational politics, personal conflicts, even petty differences of opinion often stop important work in its tracks.
Yet conflict can be powerfully productive. It can yield vibrant thinking, fresh energy, and dazzlingly innovative solutions.
The key is for the parties in any conflict to first agree on basic principles, then work toward a resolution based on those principles. This process of principled conflict management leads to lasting “win-win” agreements that reduce the incidence of conflict and drive up your productivity.
Where Resolving Conflict matters...
- Break through deadlocks that cause costly delays.
- Achieve cooperation between functions, locations, and organizations.
- Ensure the success of mergers.
- Anticipate the need for conflict resolution in action planning.
- Become more effective team members/team leaders.
- Transform personal differences into a positively productive force.
Who is the program for?
Resolving Conflict is appropriate for everyone who routinely encounters and must resolve conflicts to fulfill work objectives. This program may prove especially valuable for those who:
- Work cross-functionally to fulfill their key objectives.
- Are members of newly formed or recently merged organizations.
- Have been challenged by and/or habitually avoid conflict.
- Are often frustrated by lack of cooperation from internal or external stakeholders.
- Are trapped in mistrustful and unproductive relationships.
What is in the program?
The core of Resolving Conflict is a comprehensive six-phase process for principled conflict management. Resolving Conflict makes participants aware of their own conflict management styles, moves briskly through key conflict resolution concepts, then provides ample practice and thorough preparation for on-the-job application.
How is the program structured?
- THE NATURE OF CONFLICTS
- INTRODUCTION TO THE PHASES
- EXPERIMENTING WITH STRATEGIES
- CREATING A PLAN
- MANAGING THE PROCESS
- PREPARING FOR APPLICATION
Contact us to learn more