What is the purpose of the program?
Price. Priorities. Schedules. Resource allocation.... Many everyday decisions are subject to negotiation. Yet for most people, negotiation is not easy.
Natural-born negotiators are rare. And few people consciously develop a consistently effective approach to negotiation on their own. This deficit in negotiation skills leads to personal frustration as well as incalculable losses in opportunity, efficiency, and productivity.
Negotiation Strategy and Tactics provides a proven negotiating process and corresponding skills anyone can apply to consistently achieve definitive agreements, strengthen work relationships, avoid nonproductive conflicts, and make more efficient use of that most precious of resources...time.
Participants apply Negotiation Strategy and Tactics to:
- Enter negotiations with confidence and a strong sense of purpose.
- Avoid unnecessary, nonproductive conflicts.
- Build sustained mutual trust with negotiating partners.
- Clearly prioritize their negotiating objectives.
- Improve cross-functional, supplier and client relationships.
- Become more effective team members/team leaders.
Who is the program for?
Negotiation Strategy and Tactics is designed for everyone who regularly negotiates in pursuit of work objectives, including those who:
- Work in sales.
- Manage relationships with vendors.
- Negotiate salaries and benefits with direct reports.
- Negotiate for resources and support.
- Coordinate with other units or departments.
What is in the program?
Negotiation Strategy and Tactics presents Purposeful Negotiation Action™—a model that helps negotiators to see the big picture of each negotiation and always think a step or two ahead, developing practical plans as they proceed through the four main negotiating stages.
How is the program structured?
- NEEDS/CURRENCY ANALYSIS
- TACTICAL ANALYSIS
- APPLICATION PLANNING
- POSITIVE NEGOTIATION MODULE
Contact us to learn more